Welcome to the MGS Wiki
The MGS wiki is up and running, but there is plenty of work still to do. Navigate to the Pages Needing Content and help out the best you can!
This wiki is open for all Neoseeker members to contribute to.
We need your help making this MGS Wiki the best source of MGS lore and walkthrough information on the net, so please help if you can, and check the NeoWiki Help and Best Practices forum if you are interested in helping out a lot and get involved with the key members helping with this project.
- Check out Short Pages and fill them up with more info to flesh them out and make them more complete!
- Help start pages from the Wanted Pages list, which lists a bunch of pages linked within the Wiki but that have not been created yet.
- Check out Long Pages for some examples of in depth pages.
- Help organize pages, and upload plenty of images!
- Start creating Guide and Walkthrough like pages!
- Write original content in your own words - do NOT copy and paste from other sources (but it is ok to source from other locations as long as you write using your own words, just like a research paper or Wikipedia article. References are fine)
What We Need
We need ORIGINAL content that covers:
- Super in depth information about the games, the characters, locales, missions, weapons, bloopers, tricks, and tips
- Detailed maps, images, and other media
- Thorough and well documented walkthroughs for whole missions or specific goals - use plenty of images!
Some examples of nicely made, pages (which are still works in progress are the San Andreas and Vice City pages on the GTA NeoWiki.
NOTE that characters should be covered INDEPTH. Don't just try to shoot for a simple summary of who that character is. We want to create a comprehensive amount of information. Even minor characters have story backgrounds and are involved in various aspects of the game. Bring up their history, their involvement, what missions you will see them, who voices their character, any artists that worked on the character, concept art, in game shots, cut-scene shots, and anything you can think of including trivia and other interesting tidbits.
Start your work by visiting or creating these pages. Then link out from there. Remember we are looking at creating thousands of IN DEPTH pages with tons and tons of information!
MGS Wiki Stats
As of March 31 2015, this NeoWiki currently has 182 articles and 434 images. Help us make this NeoWiki even better by looking at our Wanted pages!
- Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain Release Date Set Read (05 Mar, 2015)
- PS2 Turns 15: A Look Back At The Best Memories (04 Mar, 2015)
- Dark Souls II (and others) have gotten an incredible deal on Steam! (18 Dec, 2014)
- PS4: A Phenomenal Year! (16 Dec, 2014)
- Top 10 Video Game Christmas Presents (09 Dec, 2014)
- Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes PC Specs Revealed (19 Nov, 2014)
- Games Just Begging For a Remake (28 Oct, 2014)
- Top 5 Games to Look Forward to on the PS4 (24 Sep, 2014)
- When Did Gaming Grow Up? (19 Aug, 2014)
- New Phantom Pain Trailer Shows Off Cardboard Box Upgrades (12 Aug, 2014)
- Ranks (MGS3) - (18.104.22.168, 13:31, 19 January 2015)
- Unlockables (MGS) - (22.214.171.124, 03:37, 6 January 2015)
- Codec Frequencies (MGS) - (126.96.36.199, 18:14, 20 September 2014)
- Codec Frequencies (MGS2SOL) - (188.8.131.52, 13:55, 7 August 2014)
- Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater - (184.108.40.206, 02:31, 16 November 2013)
- Big Boss Emblem: Act 5 - (Lesley Pro_04, 22:46, 28 October 2013)
- Boss Strategies (MGS) - (220.127.116.11, 12:35, 10 October 2013)
- Secrets and Easter Eggs (MGS) - (18.104.22.168, 08:38, 19 June 2013)
- Easter Eggs & Tricks (MGS3) - (22.214.171.124, 18:33, 18 March 2013)
- Mei Ling - (126.96.36.199, 16:28, 6 January 2013)
- Main Page - (Lesley Pro_04, 22:54, 7 December 2012)
- Camouflage (MGS3S) - (188.8.131.52, 15:35, 1 October 2012)
- Big Boss Emblem: Act 3 - (184.108.40.206, 01:55, 22 September 2012)
- Metal Gear Solid 4 Walkthrough - Act 4: Twin Suns - (220.127.116.11, 22:47, 14 September 2012)
- Big Boss Emblem: Act 2 - (18.104.22.168, 21:38, 14 September 2012)
- Big Boss Emblem: Walkthrough - (22.214.171.124, 01:09, 11 August 2012)
- Face Paint (MGS3S) - (Lesley Pro_04, 23:25, 15 June 2012)
- Master Miller - (126.96.36.199, 08:53, 12 June 2012)
- Emblems - (188.8.131.52, 17:58, 13 March 2012)
- Foods (MGS3S) - (jonnyboy156, 06:54, 2 December 2011)
- Characters (MGS) - (184.108.40.206, 04:24, 8 September 2011)
- Metal Gear Solid 4 Walkthrough - Act 2: Solid Sun - (220.127.116.11, 04:51, 6 September 2011)
- Metal Gear Solid: Rising - (Screw, 18:20, 3 June 2011)
- Metal Gear Solid 4 Walkthrough - Act 5: Old Sun - (18.104.22.168, 23:18, 17 May 2011)
- The Metal Gear Guide - (22.214.171.124, 14:21, 21 February 2011)